Job vacancy: Document Controller
Summary of role
The document controller is responsible for an organisation’s documents. This post involves coordinating with the different departments within an organisation and ensuring that documents are kept in the right location and are accessible to all internal services. This role often involves working to deadlines and ensuring that all departments of the organisation are following the same procedures with regards to documents.
In ensuring that documents are in the right location, they are categorised according to the type of document with the help of the document controller. This involves checking and approving documents before they are filed and liaising with internal and external agencies to ensure that documents contain correct and understandable information regards their categorisation.
Good communication skills are important to be able to co-ordinate the organisation’s different departments.
You will be required to develop and implement processes related to document control and management. You will work with a project team in order to implement systems of control, also manage the process of distribution of internal correspondence and ensure good relationships with external and internal clients.
Understanding their role and responsibilities in assisting the Board to achieve Quality, Environmental and H&S objectives.
Reporting to: Project Leader
- Listing out the Documents and documenting the project details
- Collecting inputs from clients.
- Explaining the Project Plan to internal execution team.
- Checking quality of documents, status and revisions.
- Monitoring processes.
- Setting up project filing systems.
- Teaming up with other documentation groups both internal and external.
- Monitoring incoming RFI’s and ensuring responsible person meets the deadline.
- Tracking the pending documents through weekly progress reports
- Notifying the involved party for tacking appropriate action on the pending documents
- Promote sustainability strategies in all Studio activities
To apply, please send your cv and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 27th May 2022